Looking for a Jeep Wrangler Phone mount or sick of the phone mount that is supposed to stick to your windshield but always falls off? Well, this article is going to cover some of the best Jeep Wrangler Phone mounts that are specifically made for the Jeep Wrangler so you can avoid the messy windshield mounts!
If you don’t have a lot of time to read this article, we have provided our top choices for the JK and the JL at the links below.
For the Jeep Wrangler JK mount, it is the Rugged ridge for its ability to fit a phone and a Gopro on the mount at the same time. It also fits a variety of phones and can rotate the phone to landscape mode. Reviews complimented the sturdiness of the mount.
For the Jeep Wrangler JL mount, the TINNYFY mount came out on top. It is mounted on the dash so your eyes do not have to leave the road that long and it comes with two mounting heads to be able to adapt to various devices.
If you do have a couple of minutes, then we have put together a list of the great phone mounts for your Wrangler JL and JK. We have reviewed the product reviews, spec sheets, and websites so that you do not have to! It saves you time and gets you a quality product for your Wrangler asap!
Read on below to determine which product is best for you!
Phone Mounts for Jeep Wrangler JL Reviews
TINNYFY Phone Mount For Jeep JL
This phone mount fits right onto your dash like it was always there. It comes with two different heads you can choose from to attach your phone. One of the heads has a bottom adjustable support for your phone on this mount which you can also charge your phone from because there is a gap at the base to plug in your charger.
Here are some of the features:
- The max width it can adjust to is 3.93 inches
- Fits perfectly on the dash and its hard to tell you added it on after you purchased the vehicle
- It is for the Jeep Wrangler 2018 to 2021 JL/JLU and the Jeep Gladiator JT
- It comes with a plastic tray that replaces your existing rubber tray on the dash.
- This tray provides a little more volume for storage
- Two different heads for the holders are provided
- The Head can be rotated on the mount
- The mount sits on top of the dash so it could limit your view of the road
- Reviewers have mentioned that the mount does not rotate the best to the drive for a clear view of your phone.
- It is more expensive than the CheroCar mount below but it does come with two different heads so that could explain the cost difference.
CheroCar JL Dash Multi-Mount Phone Holder
This phone mount by CheroCar mounts to your Wrangler’s dashboard and is very similar to the mount above. It comes with a plastic tray that replaces your rubber tray on the dash to be able to support the phone and the mount.
It is a great option if you don’t like having to divert your eyes too far away from your windshield.
Here are some of the features of the mount:
- The width of the mount can be extended to 3.56 inches to be able to hold various sized phones
- The plastic tray mounts onto your dash and is screwed in. When completely installed it looks like it came with the Wrangler.
- The mount itself screws into the plastic tray therefore you never have to worry about the mount failing.
- It can rotate your phone easily for different viewpoints
- You could even use it to record your driving
- Reviewers mentioned it fit the Iphone 12 Max and others
- Increases your storage of the existing dashboard storage area
- There were some complaints about it breaking from overuse. These are cheaper products. If you want something sturdy you could be paying double or triple.
- Does not fit the JL 4XE, JLU Willy Edition, and the Sahara Unlimited
Savadicar JL & JT Multifunction Drink Cup/Phone Holder
This cool multiuse phone mount by Savadicar is great for your phone and drink cups! It is made of high quality ABS plastic and aluminum alloy at the attachment location.
This mount attaches to the left side of the passenger front grab handle by removing it, installing the mount, and then placing the handle back.
Here are some of the features of this mount:
- Fitls all 2018+ Jeep Wrangler models and the gladiator
- Max width the holder can open is 5.5 inches
- A reviewer mentioned it will fit a 32 oz Yeti
- It is attached low and does not block your vision of the road
- Cannot rotate the holder to view your phone horizontally
- Is below the dashboard so your eyes will be off the road longer to see the phone.
- There were some complaints that the holder does not hold bottles that are filled with liquid the best.
Phone Mounts for Jeep Wrangler JK
Rugged Ridge Dash Multi-mount Phone Kit JK
This mount connects directly to your dashboard by replacing the dash recess area of your JK Wrangler. The head of the mount can rotate as well to turn your phone into landscape mode and it can fit a gopro on the other side facing the road!
Here are some attributes of the Rugged Ridge mount:
- Rotating head for landscape view of your phone
- The mount is one piece that snaps into your dashboard and replaces the existing dashboard storage piece
- No drilling required to connect this mount
- Will accept 3.6 inch wide phones
- The mount can hold your phone and on the other side a gopro or another camera.
- Dial provides rotation of your device to enhance viewing per person
- Rugged Ridge is a company that is well known in the four wheeling industry!
- The mount sits on the dash so it will block some of your view of the road
- During installation, it could scratch your dash so please read all the instructions (usually lacking) and reviews for installing before install so you don’t do the same!
- Is the most expensive on the list for the JK
Daystar Phone Mount, Jeep Wrangler JK
The mount by Daystar is an option for your larger devices as well as ipad minis. It fits into the upper dash panel and rotates on a ball mount for viewer adjustment.
Here are some other product features:
- Mount can rotate on the ball so the user can adjust the view
- The mount screws to the dashboard for a great connection
- Can fit larger devices – Some include: 11 Pro Plus, I pad mini (by standing it on the tray and using the top mount), Galaxy S9
- Sits on the dashboard so it can block the view of the road for some drivers
- Some had issues with plastic breaking but a reviewer mentioned that you need to carefully turn the mount before putting the phone on.
Hooke Road Multi-Function Drink Cup Phone Holder
This mount can be used for your drink cups and phones! It is made out of plastic and the attachment arm is made of an aluminum alloy. Fits onto the passenger side front grab bar.
Here are some features about this mount:
- Made of ABS plastic and Aluminum Alloy
- Reviewers mentioned it fits the Samsun 9+, note 9, Iphone 11 pro max
- Sits below the dash so it does not obstruct the view of the road
- Eyes of the driver will have to look further away from the road than a dash mount phone holder
- Does not rotate the phone to sit in landscape view
Voodonala Jeep JK Phone Holder
This mount comes matte Black and can fit the iPhone 13 and androids with a total of 3.4 inches. What stands out about this mount is that it can rotate 360 degress on a plastic ball mount for a ton of viewing angles in camera mode.
Other features on the Voodonala mount:
- Screws into the dashboard of your Jeep Wrangler using the original screws already on the vehicle
- 360 degree rotation
- From limited reviews, it is compatible with but not limited to the following: Iphone 13- 11-10, Samsung S22-20 Ultra, Oneplus 7, Galaxy note 10+
- Max width of the holder is 3.4 inches
- Install was mentioned to be a breeze!
- One reviewer mentioned to not be too rough with it as the plastic could snap
- This is a dashboard mount so it could obstruct some driver’s view of the road
These Jeep Wrangler phone mounts are a great way to get your phone out of your hand and your eyes back on the road. They avoid having to use those suction cup phone mounts that only work half of the time.
The products here were chosen because they were the most stable and had the best reviews. The top ones on the list are the Rugged Ridge for the Jeep Wrangler JK and the TINNYFY for the JL.
The Rugged Ridge was chosen for its ability to mount a GoPro as well as a phone and the positive reviews it had.
The TINNYFY phone mount made the top of the list due to its dash mount design and the multi heads you can use for various situations. It can be rotated for a landscape view and your eyes don’t have to leave the road that long because your line of sight to your phone is in a similar location.
Remember that your eyes cannot be glued to your phone while you drive on the road or the trail so be careful out there!