Last Updated on March 20, 2023 by Paul S.
The Jeep Wrangler is the transformer of the vehicles because of all the cool stuff you can add to it and transform it! There are a million things to add and modify on the Wrangler and everyone makes their’s look different and unique. In this quick article, we are going to provide some of the cool Jeep Wrangler Accessories out there and provide you with information and details from our research on what is so great about them!
If you don’t have time for our quick article, we have provided our top pick of the list for you to check out.
The top pick is the Shadeidea Tonneau Cover. This is a great cover for your trunk when you have your top off and need to store things in the back that you don’t want people to see. It allows you to keep your top off for longer which is the coolest thing about the Wrangler! Check out the price at the link below.
Please keep on reading below to discover the rest of the Jeep Wrangler cool accessories on the list!
Table of Contents
Jeep Wrangler Cargo Covers
Shadeidea Tonneau Cover JKU and JLU
At first glance, one would think that a shade cover for the trunk of your Wrangler is not that cool. But it is cool because it allows you to keep the top of your Wrangler off longer by being able to keep your gear or any important thing in your trunk without them being exposed to thieves. We all know that being able to keep your top off as long as you can is probably the coolest thing the Wrangler has to offer.
Here is some great info about the cover:
- Order it for the JK or JL and for either the two or 4 doors.
- It is made with a marine grade vinyl that will be able to stand up to the harmful UV rays
- Keeps your gear or even groceries hidden and out of sight
- Comes with a storage pouch for easy storage
- Also comes with a multi-purpose pouch to store smaller items
- Easy installation
- Can get it in black or white or with the USA Flag
- Can only be used with the soft or hard top off.
- There is no locking mechanism. It is simply to keep your stuff out of sight for that thief that is looking for an easy opportunity. It is not recommended to keep things under it overnight or while you are away. See the product below for a locking solution.
Tuffy Deluxe Security Deck Enclosure JK/JL
This is the locking solution for the trunk area of your Wrangler when you have the top off. It is made of stainless steel, and it becomes locked by the trunk door. So, if the trunk door is locked then the security deck is locked. This is very convenient, so you do not have to carry another set of keys.
Here is a breakdown of the product:
- Made with stainless steel and is painted black
- Locks by closing the trunk door and locking the door
- Has three steel sides to it and weighs around 66 lbs
- Can easily be removed when security in the trunk is not required
- If used at night the dome lights will be blocked by the lid of the security deck. If the light is needed carry a headlamp or you can place some battery lights under the lid of the security deck.
- The manufacturer states that the rear seats must be removed if using this product for the two door JK and does not fit the 2 door JL.
For the JK years 2011 and up will fit 2 doors(seats removed) and 4 doors. See JL link below this link.
For the JL 4 door only
Jeep Wrangler Tailgate Shelves
Rough Country Rear Tailgate JL/JLU
This is a modification that can help a ton when you are camping or hanging out on the trail. This steel/aluminum table by Rough Country attaches to your tailgate and can hold up to 75 lbs.
It is great for placing a small stove and cooking or prepping your meals on.
Here is a list of some of the great things about it:
- Rattle-free design and there are some reviews that confirm that you cannot hear it while driving down the road.
- The frame is constructed with steel and the table is made from aluminum. It measures 12 inches x 26.75 inches.
- Can hold a total of 75 lbs
- Folds up when not in use so you still have room for gear in the trunk
- This is not a plug and play modification. 4 holes have to be drilled through the plastic trim but the holes are already marked and Jeep has made locations for the screws ready to receive the screws. Very easy modification where tools have to be used. See this youtube video for a great understanding of the installation.
- There were reviews that mentioned instructions were not great so please see the youtube video link above.
EAG Metal Tailgate Table JK
I can’t forget my JK friends. This is a similar table to the one mentioned above but it is made for the JK tailgate.
Here are some of the features:
- 12.76 inches x 22.6 inches
- 75 lb capacity
- Made from steel and has a black textured powder coat for protection against any rust
- Folds up when not in use
- Holes on the table allow for the attachment of utensils or tools
- Bottle opener and trash bag hook designed into the table
- Reviews mention that it does not rattle while on the road
- Instructions are not the best, so it is recommended to take your time and ensure you use the correct tools to get it right the first time.
- A nut insert tool is recommended to make installation easier.
Jeep Wrangler Hammock
JKloud Hammock – JK 4 door, JL 2/4 door
This Hammock from JKloud is very versatile. But first and foremost the cool thing about it is that it is a hammock and that you can lay on it inside your Wrangler. It can also act as a sunshade and cargo cover. It is a little more expensive than some of your cheaper sunshades but I don’t think those sunshades can hold 350 lbs and enough room for two people!
Here is a breakdown of some of the cool things about this Hammock:
- Holds 350 lbs and there is room for two people
- While serving as a sunshade it can block a lot of the harmful UV rays
- Comes with 16 bungee balls and 2 clamps to make this a very versatile product. Check out the link below for more uses
- In one of the reviews, someone mentioned that they had slept in it twice. Another review mentioned how easy it was to set up and takedown.
- Comes in 12 different colors
- It is a little more expensive than your typical sunshade so if you are looking for just that then you could save a little money. The point of this product is that it is a hammock first and foremost! Check out the price below to see if it fits your budget.
See through Jeep Wrangler Top
ClearLidz Panoramic Freedom Style Top – See-thru! For the JK
ClearLidz has created a clear tinted freedom panel for the front of your JK hardtop. This allows you to enjoy the sights out around your jeep without having to remove your top.
There are times that you want to take your freedom panels off but due to the weather cannot. Imagine driving to your favorite sunset spot in your favorite national park and it’s cold out. These freedom panels will let you enjoy the trees, mountains, and birds but remain toasty inside your Wrangler.
Here are some features of the ClearLidz Freedom top:
- It is created with polycarbonate that is shatterproof
- It has a slight tint to it to filter UV rays and slow the heat buildup in the car
- Connects directly with your Jeep Wrangler JK. Plug and Play
- It is going to let light in so if you are in a warmer state it might get a little hotter than normal.
- There were some complaints about letting water into the Jeep but others found that you need to ensure you have tightened all the screws down.
- Definitely the priciest on this list but the luxury of having the top off without having the top off could be worth it! Click on the link below for the price.
Jeep Wrangler Awning
The Hasika awning is great for the rear of your Jeep Wrangler so that you can enjoy the shade it provides.
This awning is a great option if you don’t like lugging the bulky canopy tents from the box stores and can cover the back of your Wrangler while the back door is open.
Check out the link below to see the product photos of it being used on a Jeep Wrangler.
Here are some cool features:
- 60 square feet to 76 square feet of coverage.
- Durable ripstop 210 polyester fabric
- Air vents have been installed at the top of the awning to allow airflow
- The height can be adjusted to adjust for the sun
- The package includes a tent tarp, rope, tent pegs, iron poles, and installation instructions
- Due to its lack of weight, it might not be the best for high wind conditions
- For a sturdy but more expensive solution see the ARB awning below
ARB 4’ Awning
The ARB awning is a great solution for the overlander or even the camper that requires shade on their weekend trips. It is a great sturdy solution because it connects to your roof rack or roof bars for a solid base.
Once installed it is easily deployed because it already is connected to your Wrangler.
We have provided some of the great features below:
- This awning is constructed of tough PU coated 300gsm poly/cotton ripstop canvas and it is waterproof and offers a rating of UVP 50+.
- It comes with pegs and guy ropes for securing the legs during windy conditions
- Quick to deploy in about 30 seconds
- The height of the awning is adjustable with the
- It is self-retracting when you are ready to pack up.
- You will need to purchase a roof rack or roof bars in order to install it. With either option, you will need brackets to then mount it to connect the two. See this Amazon link for a common bracket used for the connection. ARB Bracket
Here is a link to check out the ARB website, it has great photos and the banner is of the awning with a Wrangler so it is great to see how it would look. arbusa.com/tents-awnings-camping
All of these cool Jeep Wrangler accessories are a great addition to your jeep.
But if we have to choose one it is going to be the Shadeidea Tonneau Cover.
It allows you to have your top off a lot more because you can tuck things away in the rear of the vehicle. The cover doesn’t have a locking system, so it is not recommended to put your wallet or anything of great value there but there is a little peace of mind when you have to leave your vehicle alone for a little bit of time.
It can also pack down and stored in your Wrangler when you put back the top on.
This cool product allows the coolest thing about your jeep to be enjoyed longer (top off)! Check out the price on Amazon at the link below.
Go and do your Jeep Thing!
Looking for some cheap accessories for your Wrangler? Check out this article!